August Wrap Up 2014

So August was definitely a good reading month for me. I managed to finish 14 books. FOURTEEN. That's cray enough for me. And the fact that finals week was just around the corner then, I'm surprised I still got to read a ton of books.
So here's the books that I have read. I'll post my thoughts/reviews on some of them on a different post, so look out for that one! (My reviews in goodreads are also linked below. Full reviews will be different)


Contemporary
Rush Too Far (4),  Forever Too Far (4), He+She (4.5), Maybe Someday (5), We Were Liars (3)
Thoughts: This was a great NA month.


I only read one YA contemporary, which was We Were Liars and I did NOT like it. Well... not as much as I expected. It's a good read but... the hype was a lie. Sure the ending made us all flabbergasted, but I just didn't feel connected.  But if you're into mystery-ish. Go for this one.
Rush Too Far and Forever Too Far was amazing. I loved seeing Rush's point of view. But anyhow, I loved the conclusion to their story in Forever Too Far. I still hate Nan though. She's a bitch.
Including Rush Too Far in this wrap up though I started it on July
He+She and Maybe Someday was amazing. That's all I need to say.
Goodreads: Rush Too Far Forever Too Far We Were Liars | Maybe Someday
Detailed Review: He+She

Sweet Trilogy
Sweet Evil (4.5), Sweet Peril (4.5), Sweet Reckoning (5)
Thoughts: Oh my God I love this trilogy but the covers... I DON'T LIKE THE COVERS. ((Why?))
Goodreads: Sweet Evil | Sweet Peril | Sweet Reckoning

Pivot Point Duology

Pivot Point (4), Split Second (5)
Thoughts: Enjoyed this series a lot! It felt more contemporary-ish though. I must say, I did not like the first one that much compared to the second book. I didn't even get to write my review about Split Second in goodreads because I just felt like it was so so good and I was speechless. I was so sad this was just a duology. I felt like I needed more!
Goodreads: Pivot Point

Others

The Giver (4.5), Angelfall (5), The Murder Complex (4.5)
Thoughts: I didn't know what to expect from The Giver, so I didn't know how to rate it. But overall, it was good. It made me NOT want to live in a society like the one showed in the book. Read this before the movie. The movie had a different ending, but never the less, it was still great.
Angelfall... what to say about Angelfall? SO SO GOOD. I regret reading it only now. I read this before the Sweet trilogy, and this is my first Angel/Demon read. SO. MUCH. FUN. Same as Split Second, I didn't get the chance to put a review in goodreads because I was speechless!
The Murder Complex was fast paced. The chapters were short though the book may look big! I love graphic-y books. No goodreads review available.
Goodreads: The Giver 

Faves of the FAVES!
*DRUMROLL*

THE KISS OF DECEPTION 
((SOLID 5/5 STARS))
Thoughts: OOOOOOOH the feeeeels.
P E R F E C T I O N
I loved Lia, and the two other guys (HA FIND OUT WHO'S WHO ON YOUR OWN)
This book made me think. So. Freaking. Hard. I had it wrong. I HAD IT WRONG I TELL YOU.
So fantastic. My first fantasy read ever. I need more of this. More more more more!!!!
★★★★★ Goodreads ★★★★★


/// OKAY, so this month was really crazy. It's my best reading month by far in 2014! I think Sweet Reckoning made me go in a reading slump though (it's the last book I read this August). I can't help but reflect upon it!! But yeah, that is it for now! I hope I can do be consistent this September, too.  :)

*Other August favorites.