John Legend LIVE in Manila!

So as you guys (well, from the Philippines) know, John recently visited the Philippines last 26th September. And I let me just tell you guys, it was sooooo awesome!

I'll be honest with you guys... I wasn't really much of a fan before the concert. But after? Damn, I fell in love.

The setlist was posted by Crissy (his wife) via instagram


I am not a super fan of John's so I only knew a few songs from the list. Namely, Made to Love, PDA, Green Light, Who Do We Think We Are, You & I, Ordinary People, and All of Me. But that did not make me enjoy the concert any less. If I am being honest, I expected to fall asleep! The main reason I watched the concert was because my whole family loved John... and they just tagged me along. But I'm glad I came because I enjoyed the show.

I enjoyed listening his career biography! The way he delivered the whole thing was flawless. It's definitely true that humble beginnings bring greater glory! He went from a total zero, to well... this icon everyone loved listening to. From being rejected by several labels including his label right now... well everyone makes mistakes, then meeting Kanye and getting signed under his label, to being introduced to Alicia Keys to sing with her (who also asked "Who the fuck is John?" but she ended up singing with him anyway), to performing along with Usher on his tour(s). Usher then gave him the spotlight every now and then, and as he performing his own song, he realized, no one knew his song Save The Night. But now he's here, selling millions of albums across the globe, being one of the greatest singers I have ever listened to.

I must say the highlight of this concert was "All of Me", no bias here! I hated the song before this concert. Honestly, I hated it so much that every time I heard that song, I'd cover my ears because I was so annoyed at how mainstream it was... and it just kept playing everywhere. But my opinion changed at instant when he performed it on stage. As I've said, I hated the song. But I know the lyrics by word. Not gonna lie. So when he performed this, it was perfect. Especially where he let the crowd since one full chorus. It was the perfect moment. He looked so taken away, that he closed his eyes while listening. It was the most beautiful thing I have heard from my past experiences in a concert. I've never seen an artist feel so carried away by his own crowd. It definitely made the concert a whole lot memorable than expected.
I have a short snippet of it in my instagram.

On the side note, John has such a beautiful face. I'M NOT KIDDING. How can someone be as perfect?! I swear Crissy is one of the most lucky women on this planet. You know, being married to a man who'd dedicate you a love song because he loves you THAT much.

John is definitely swoon worthy. I fell in love with the way he faced the crowd, smiling while playing the piano. He looked like an angel wearing his white blazer/tuxedo top! And his voice, ahhh, I love it so much.

The concert was so much fun, and I enjoyed every bit of it! I was so genuinely happy that most people just sat and listened to him sing (with standing up occasionally since this was an intimate-acoustic concert). Not much people brought out their phones, unless John went near their sections. The audience just listened, and enjoyed. It made me appreciate the show a lot more. 

Here's a few pictures on the night itself! :)
PRE-Concert

CONCERT TIME!

POST- Concert

Pictures were taken by my iPhone (4s, CHROME)